Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

{Painted Furniture} - Buffet

Hello everyone! I want to share with you my latest project. It has definitely been a long process to finish this buffet, but I learned some new techniques along the way!

Here is the buffet when I bought it. It definitely looks good in this picture, but up close it had a lot of imperfections!

I didn't take too many pictures throughout the process, but here it is midway through when I had stripped the top of the piece down to the bare wood. I already had my first coat of paint, too! 


Here is a picture of the first coat of stain (Minwax Dark Walnut) - I love this deep tone compared to the original red tone that the piece used to be. 

 And here is the finished product! 
 I ended up doing two coats of stain, then two coats of fast drying polyurethane. 
The color is Old White Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan - this was my first experience with Chalk Paint, and I love it! No priming before hand, and the distressing at the end is very easy!
I also used the original hardware which really pops now against the light color. 

 Look how shiny and pretty the top is! I am so proud :)

 This piece is on display and for sale at 1610 Antiques. Stop by and check it out!

I am linking up to these parties!






Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wowie Kazowie! What an awesome transformation! You have a very nice blog I love the title and colors. Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautifully!
    I have got to try this chalk paint everyone seems to love.

    Great makeover! Walnut is my go-to stain color for a good rich brown without all the nasty red!

    Good job!
    Cass
    PS I kept seeing your buffet as I added my link to several Friday linky parties, so I visited you first! Glad I did. Nice job. I'll sign on as a follower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absoulutely beautiful! Great job! Don't you just love the chalk paint? So easy. Found you via French Country Cottage. Pop on over for a visit when you get a moment. Tootles, Kathryn
    http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I am hooked can not wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite look! You did a super job on it!!!!! Visit me sometime I have one end table that I have done and almost done with a desk that I have done this way. http://humnowwhat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I really love the white paint color. You're right, it definitely pops.
    I really enjoy stopping by blogs such as yours to see what great thrift shop and garage sale finds you've discovered.
    You're an inspiration!
    I'm so looking forward to hitting my local thrift store this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love! So pretty and the hardware is my favorite style, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece. You did a great job!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fantastic! Great job remaking that piece. Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE white wood and dark stain! Very pretty dresser.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! I have to tell you....we have this exact buffet! Bassett Co, right? We also have three matching corner hutches and the dining table and chairs all belonging to my great grandmother. At first, I thought, "I can't believe she painted this buffet!!" knowing in person how beautiful it is. But after reading your comment about the finished, I can understand. You certainly did a great job....and painted or not...it's a great, functional piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete